|The club is dedicated to training pole vaulters and high jumpers of all levels year round. Head Coach Bob Cervenka combines his knowledge of
technique, physical training and mental perseverance to produce athletes who excel. To see Jump High Photo Gallery, Click Here
Athletes from over 130 High Schools schools have trained with JUMP HIGH
18’ 8 3/4 / 5.71m,
- 142 State Qualifiers
- 77 State Finalists
- 8 State Championships
- 19 USATF and AAU All-Americans
- Five male vaulters who jumped over 17’ 3/4”/5.20m, led by Darren Niedermeyer
15yrs-12’7, 16yrs-12’11, 17yrs-13’3 ½.
- Qualifiers for the 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2005 World Championships
- Qualifiers for the 2000 & 2004 Olympic Games
- Girls pole vault training group records; 12yrs-9’10¼, 13yrs-11’2, 14yrs-12’0,
recorded a best of 7’ 9 ¾”/2.38m in 2005
- Coach of Jacques Freitag, the 2003 World Champion in the high jump who
Practice Sessions Will:
- Focus on all phases of the vault and high jump
- Review strength and conditioning exercises
- Provide training equipment and poles for all athletes
Chicago locations this summer beginning June 2.
- Pole vault and high jump coaching and practice sessions will take place at three
- Click on the Training Information Link for details about locations, directions and
- All athletes participating in Jump High sessions must show proof of membership with USATF or AAU prior to participation. Please click on
"Federations" link for access to information registering with either USATF or AAU which is also required for club participation.
- All athletes must have a completed Waiver on file. Please click on the "Waiver" link above for Jump High and location waivers.